Having trouble finding some places? Locations of all attractions are next door!

1. Krakow Gate (Bramowa Street 2)

It is a brick building dating back to the 14th century. After the city was threatened by the Tatars in 1341, it was decided to surround the city with defensive walls and provide it with gates. One of them is the Krakow Gate, which derives its name from the route and suburbs to which it led.

2. Lublin City Hall (King Władysław Łokietek Square 1)

The Lublin Town Hall was built between 1827 and 1828 on the site of a burnt-out church and monastery of barefoot Carmelites. The designer of the classicist building was Aleksander Groffe the general builder of the Kingdom of Poland

3. Gothic tower (Królewska Street 8)

The Semicircular Tower is so called because of its shape. It is, together with a fragment of defensive walls, a testimony of the Gothic fortifications of the old town. The tower was built of stone and brickwork together with the defensive walls in 1341. Wooden bridges allowed defenders to access shooting ranges. Unfortunately, to the present time, there are no shooting porches allowing access to crevasse and key shooting ranges.

4. Crown Court (Rynek 1)

The building of the former Crown Court is located on the Old Town Square in Lublin. Originally it served as a town hall. The first wooden town hall, built in the 14th century, burned down during the Lublin fire in 1389. The new building was made of brick and built in the Gothic style. Rebuilding in the first half of the 16th century and another after the fire of the city in 1575 gave it a Renaissance look.

5. Lublin Underground Route (Rynek 1)

Underground corridors under the town square, where you can see historical exhibitions and multimedia shows.

6. The Goldsmith’s House (Złota Street 4)

A real curiosity is the Lublin legend about an old goldsmith and his young unfaithful wife – the goldsmith was to live in the Złota 4 tenement house. This house was never inhabited by the aforementioned figure, but the legend has entertained tourists coming to Lublin for many years.

7. Dominican Fathers Monastery (Złota Street 9)

The Dominican Church and Monastery in Lublin were built in the eastern part of the Old Town Hill, on a small hill, the so-called Dominican Hill. The history of the monastery is connected with the relic of the Tree of the Holy Cross, located in it until 1991.

8. Literary Museum of Józef Czechowicz (Złota Street 5)

The museum is dedicated to the famous Polish poet – Józef Czechowicz. The museum’s exposition includes exhibitions of photographs, manuscripts and other objects of the artist.

9. The Old Theatre (Jezuicka Street 18)

The Old Theatre is one of the oldest theatre buildings in Poland. It was built in 1822 by Łukasz Rodakiewicz. For many years, a cinema was housed here; wrestling shows were also held in the 80s. In the 20th century it ceased to be used and it gradually deteriorated. The renovation work began in 2008 with the aim of restoring the building to the state of its glory. The Old Theatre resumed its activities in 2012.

10. Viewpoint on Bronowice (Jezuicka Street 21; entrance to the gate at the Old Theatre)

11. Mansion house in Lublin (Archidiakońska Street 9)

Mansion house – a 15th-century monument in the complex of the former parish church of St. Michael. In later times the building was rebuilt many times, before World War II it served as a tenement house. Nowadays the whole building is a self-contained apartment.

12. Foundations of the Parish – Church of St. Michael (Grodzka Street 9)

Plac Po Farze is one of the oldest places in the Old Town of Lublin, hiding relics of buildings dating back to the Middle Ages. The church of St. Michael was built here in the past. The first parish in Lublin, was one of the most important elements shaping the panorama of the city. Today, its existence is evidenced by the foundations and a bronze model, showing the appearance of the foyer recreated on the basis of the sources.

13. Old Plebania (Grodzka Street 11)

Originally, the parish of St. Michael’s Parish was housed here. In the 19th century, as a result of the confiscation of the property belonging to the church, the building passed into Russian hands, and then it was handed over to the Jewish Community. The Jewish Orphans’ Home „guards” and a shelter room for the Jewish elderly and cripples were located here. On 24 March 1942, during the liquidation of the ghetto, the pupils of the orphanage, the babysitters and the elderly were shot by the German Nazis on the meadows in the Tatary district.

14. Ku Farze Street

15. Plac Rybny (Fish Market)

The name of Rybny Square is connected with its original function – a market square, where fish caught in the Czechówka river flowing below were traded. There were also wooden buildings, several times destroyed by fires – a town bath and a brothel, run by a nearby town hangman. It was not until the 19th century that the square became a representative place where the Pawęczkowski Palace stood, one of the most elegant buildings in Lublin at that time.

16. Zaułek Hartwigów

17. Monastery of the Barefoot Carmelites (Świętoduska Street 14)

The construction of the building was started in 1622 by the Belsk voivode Rafał Leszczyński, with the intention of allocating it to the Calvinist church. Since the beginning of the 19th century the buildings are occupied by barefoot Carmelites. In 1967, the Church of St. John and Joseph and the monastery complex were entered in the register of monuments in Poland.

18. Regional Onion Bun Museum (Szewska 4)

A place where you can learn a lot about the history and ways of making the most famous Lublin delicacy – cebularz (onion bread).

19. Roman Catholic Church Immaculate Conception (Stanisława Staszica 16A)

The Church of St. of Immaculate Conception together with the Carmelite Barefoot Monastery was founded in 1644 by Zofia Daniłłowiczowa.

20. Czartoryski Palace (Radziwiłłowska Street 2)

The Czartoryski Palace is located in the north eastern part of the Litewski Square. It was built in the second half of the 17th century according to a design by Tylman of Gameren. It is a typical Baroque palace building.

21. Lubomirski Palace (Litewski Square 3)

On Litewski Square, between Czartoryski and Gubernialny palaces, there is the Lubomirski palace. The history dates back to the 16th century, the present appearance mirrors the reconstruction of 1829. The interiors preserved the remnants of a rich decor. Today it houses the Faculty of Political Science of UMCS.

22. Palace of the Governorate Goverment (Litewski Square 5)

In the second half of the 19th century, the Lubomirski Palace, the seat of the authorities of the Lublin governorate, was no longer sufficient for the needs of the growing bureaucracy. Already on 28 September 1852, the Governor submitted a report on the necessity to build a building in Lublin to accommodate all the departments of the Government, which at that time occupied 5 separate buildings.

23. Multimedia Fountain on Litewski Square

In the evenings, spectacular multimedia fountain shows are held here, combining light, lasers and music.

24. Portal Lublin – Vilnius on Litewski Square

25. Monastery of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchins (Krakowskie Przedmieście Street 42)

The Lublin Capuchin Monastery was established as the fourth institution of this order in Poland. It was founded by Prince Paweł Karol Sanguszka and his wife Marianna of Lubomirskie. The Capuchins remained in Lublin until 1864, and returned to their church in 1919.

26. Monument to the Union of Lublin (Litewski Square)

27. Juliusz Osterwa Theater (Prezydent Gabriel Narutowicz Street 17)

The Juliusz Osterwa Theatre is the only one dramatict and repertoire theatre in Lublin. It has a rich history – since the ceremonial opening in 1886 it changed its name, management, and cast many times. Only its seat remains unchanged – the building at Narutowicza Street.

28. Church of the Assumption of the Victorious Blessed Virgin Mary (Prezydent Gabriel Narutowicza Street 6)

The Bribrigid Church (popularly known as the Visitation Church) of Church of the Assumption of the Victorious Blessed Virgin Mary, erected between 1412 and 1426, was built to commemorate Władysław Jagiełła’s victory over the Teutonic Knights at the Battle of Grunwald. The original Gothic structure of the church has been preserved to this day without significant changes, despite several fires and robberies. From the south side of the church there are monastery buildings rebuilt in the 17th century.

29. Water Tower Fountain on Wolności Square

In the middle of the fountain there is a model of the water tower which used to be located on Wolności Square.

30. Church of The Conversion of St. Paul (Bernardyńska Street 5)

The St. Bernardine Church and Monastery in Lublin was located at the former medieval Kraków course. The original wooden buildings were built immediately after the arrival of the Bernardines to Lublin in 1459.

31. Perła Brewery and its Underground (Bernardyńska Street 15)

The former post-Reformation monastery complex was built in 1673-1674, and then rebuilt into a brewery in the middle of the 19th century. Among Lublin industrial architecture it has a unique value not only because of its artistic qualities. It is the longest operating industrial plant in Lublin, without changing its production profile since 1846.

32. Archcathedral of St. John the Baptist and St. John the Evangelist and the Trynitarska Tower (Królewska Street 10)

Founded at the end of the 16th century the cathedral has a baroque interior decorated with frescoes.

33. Grodzka Gate (Grodzka Street 21)

The Grodzka Gate is one of the first brick elements of the city fortifications built in 1342 after the permission of Casimir the Great. At the end of the 18th century the building was renovated and commissioned to Dominik Merlini. For centuries the Grodzka Gate was also called the Jewish Gate because it was the passage between the Old Town and the Jewish Quarter.

34. Arcade viaduct (Zamkowa Street)

35. Lublin Castle and the National Museum (Zamkowa 1)

The existence of a medieval castle – town called Lublin at the turn of the 11th and 12th centuries was confirmed, among others, by the discovery of the old fortifications of the city. However it is not known exactly because it was a wooden castle then. The beginning could have been a wooden watchtower, built on the current castle hill, according to tradition – already in the time of Bolesław the Brave. Perhaps within the area of the 12th-century castle there was a brick church.

36. Donjon at the Castle (Zamkowa Street 9)

The tower at the Lublin Castle, called the donjon, is the only monument of Romanesque art on this side of the Vistula river. The cylindrical, brick building is part of the Lublin Castle complex.

37. Chapel of the Holy Trinity (Zamkowa Street 9)

The Chapel of the Holy Trinity at the Lublin Castle is one of the most valuable monuments of medieval art in Poland. Gothic architecture, which is filled with Byzantine-Russian paintings, is a unique synthesis of cultures of East and West.

38. Remains of the Castle Tower (Zamkowa)

39. Cathedral of the Transfiguration (Ruska Street 15)

The Church of St. The Transfiguration of the Lord (Spasa) is the first Orthodox church, which was established in 1447 in Lublin. The first church was made of wood. And then the brick was erected in 1607 and consecrated in 1633. In the 17th century the church passed several times from the Orthodox to the Unites and vice versa, which resulted in numerous reconstructions and changes in the design of the church.

40. The Well at the Bus station square

The Last Remnant of the Jewish Quarter in Lublin

41. Roman Catholic Church of St.Nicholas the Bishop (Słowikowskiego Street 1)

Church St. Nicholas in Czwartek district, located on a steep hill, is considered to be the oldest temple in Lublin. There is even a claim (though historically unconfirmed) that the church stood here perhaps already during the reign of Mieszko I, in the 10th century. The present church, in the style of the Lublin Renaissance, is oriented, single-nave, with three spans, with a lower, elongated presbytery closed on three sides.

42. Viewing terrace on „Góra Czwartek” (next to the Church of St. Nicholas)

43. Cultural Centre in Lublin (Peowiaków Street 12)

One of the lcultural and educational institutions in Lublin run by the local government. Its seat is in the late Baroque monastery complex of The Order of the Visitation of Holy Mary, located in the city center

44. Saski Garden (Racławickie Avenue 14)

A wooded park with an amphitheater, a sundial from the 40s of the 19th century and peacocks. You can walk there and organize picnics.

45. Centre for the Meeting of Cultures (Teatralny Square 1)

A magnificent cultural centre with galleries, bars, cinemas and theatres hosting stage and musical performances.

46. Water Tower in Racławickie Avenue

In the interwar period, it was necessary to build a modern water supply network to meet the needs of the developing city. Part of it is the water tower in Racławice Avenue.

47. UMCS Botanical Garden (Willowa Street 58-60)

A picturesque botanical garden with a wide range of plants and colourful flowers – the venue for events.

48. Hieronim Łopaciński Library (President Gabriel Narutowicz Street 4)

The origins of the library date back to 1907. In recognition of Łopaciński’s achievements, the Society of Public Library was established and given his name. After his death, Łopaciński left over 11,000 volumes of books, engravings, manuscripts and atlases, which were purchased and placed in the newly created library. It currently has a collection of 480 thousand copies and is located at Narutowicza Street 4.

49. Museum of the Lublin Village (Warszawska Avenue 96)

An open-air museum depicting old life in the countryside with an area covered with lush vegetation and farm animals.

50. Rury Gorge

Park „Rury” is located in a gorge between LSM and Czuby, districts of Lublin. It covers an area of over 30 ha.

51. Globus Sports and Entertainment Hall (Kazimierz Wielki Street 8)

52. Goat Fountain in Jeans (Prezydent Gabriel Narutowicz Street 31)

53. Cemetery at Lipowa Street

The oldest and most famous cemetery complex in eastern Poland, which includes: Roman Catholic cemetery, Evangelical-Augsburg cemetery, Orthodox cemetery and military-communal cemetery

54. Kuczka at Niecała Street (visible from Radziwiłłowska Street)

Kuczka – a hut built for the Sukkot festival, also a gazebo or wooden porch at the synagogue, used for the celebration of Sukkot. It is to remind the Jews of the conditions they had to live in during their journey from Egypt.

55. ZOR at Racławickie Avenue

ZOR „Zachód” is the first residential estate built after the war in Lublin. It is located on Racławickie Avenue, between Puławska and Legionowa Streets. The designer of the estate was Krystyn Olszewski.

56. Ludowy Park

57. Bridge in the Ludowy Park

58. Mechanical Works of E. Plage and T. Laśkiewicz (Wrońska Street 2)

Lublin can boast of rich industrial traditions and not only in the food industry. In addition to breweries, mills, yeast houses, agricultural machinery factories, scales factory and aircraft factory were built here. There is nothing left of mechanical works to this day, except the hangars on Wrońska Street and several buildings reminiscent of Lublin’s former aviation past.

59. Majdanek Concentration Camp (Droga Męczenników Majdanka Street 67)

The State Museum at Majdanek is the oldest museum institution in Europe which commemorates the victims of the Second World War. It was established in the autumn of 1944 on the site of the former German concentration camp, colloquially called Majdanek. On the territory of the Museum covering 90 hectares there are approx. 70 historical sites. Among important places directly related to the mass extermination, there are: gas chambers, crematoria, and execution ditches, where about 18,000 Jews were shot. One of the five prison camps and some administrative and economic buildings have also been preserved.

60. Main Railway Station (Dworcowy Square)

The official decision to build the station was made in March 1875. It was designed by Witold Lanci, the builder of the Vistula Railway Society. The building is maintained in an eclectic style. Test trains started in mid-August 1887.

61. Bridge of Culture – Marian Lutosławski’s Bridge

The Bystrica Bridge was one of the first reinforced concrete bridges in south-eastern Poland, which places it high among such technical monuments on a national scale.

62. Zemborzycki Reservoir

The Zemborzycki Lagoon was created in 1974 thanks to the accumulation of waters of the central section of the Bystrzyca River, flowing through Lublin. It is a small dam located in the south-eastern part of the city of Lublin and serves mainly as flood protection.

63. Wincentu Pol’s Manor – Branch of the National Museum in Lublin (Kalinowszczyzna Street 13)

Wincenty Pole’s manor was built at the end of the 18th century on the Firlejowszczyzna farm (now Łęczyńska Street 46). Between 1804 and 1812 it was owned by Franciszek Ksawery Pol, Vincent’s father. After 1945, the manor house was located on the territory of the nationalized Lublin Wag Factory. In 1969, the manor house was dismantled and moved to its current location in Kalinowszczyzna Street.

64. Roman Catholic Church of Michael the Archangel (Fabryczna Street 19)

Parish Church of St. Michael the Archangel was built in Bronowice in Lublin between 1930 and 1938, according to the design of the famous Warsaw architect, Oskar Sosnowski.

65. Roman Catholic Church St. Jozafat (Zielona Street 3)

The temple was built as an Orthodox church. From 1922 the building began to function as a Roman Catholic church. The facade of the church and the adjacent bell tower were stylized forms the nineteenth-century church architecture. Due to renaming of the church to the Roman Catholic Church, the old equipment had to be dismantled. This is why the church has a modern interior.